- Applications are accepted quarterly. Please see the box on the right hand side of this web page for submission period details.
- Zellerbach Family Foundation uses an online application for all Community Arts grants. We do not accept applications or inquiries via USPS or email.
- Applications must contain a complete online application form, application support materials (see complete list below) and a work sample. Work samples may be submitted via URL link for online viewing or uploaded to the application. Additional support materials may be included but are not required.
- Application materials include:
- IRS 501(c)(3) letter (for presenting organization or that of your fiscal sponsor)
- Project budget
- Include both income and expenses related to the project
- Identify how you would use Zellerbach Family Foundation funding
- Indicate any funds already received, committed, pending or in-kind
- Annual budget for presenting organizations (if applicable)
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement/Memorandum of Understanding (if applicable)
- Detailed description of the proposed work, highlighting Bay Area communities served
- Brief history and mission statement of performing organization
- List of identified artists involved in your proposed work, highlighting participating Bay Area artists
- List of Board of Directors for presenting organization (if applicable)
- Additional support materials may be uploaded (but are not required):
- One letter of support from a colleague or industry professional
- One press clipping or review of your previous work
- The online application provides space to link your online work sample. The work sample is meant to be representative of the proposed work you or your organization will produce. You may upload up to three minutes of continuous video or audio or two samples totaling no more than three minutes. You may upload a longer piece, with instructions for cuing.
How to Apply
- Log onto our online grant system at zellerbach.fluxx.io to request a user ID and password. Click on “Community Arts Registration” and complete the short eligibility questionnaire. You will receive your user ID via email within 2-3 business days.
- Once you receive your user ID, log into zellerbach.fluxx.io to complete your application. Please make a note of your USER ID and PASSWORD as you will need it every time you log in. You may save your application and return to it.
- You may cut and paste your information into the online application. Please be mindful of character counts.
- Once you click the “Submit” button, you will no longer be able to edit your application.
- Applications are evaluated across disciplines. There is no limit to the number of applications we will accept in each quarterly submission window.
- Community Arts applications are evaluated by a rotating panel of professional artists. Find out more information about the 2017 panelists.
- Final approval for Community Arts grants are determined by the Zellerbach Family Foundation Board of Directors.
The Zellerbach Family Foundation values the richness that diversity brings to communities and the opportunities it provides to strengthen mutual appreciation and understanding across cultures. We purposefully encourage experiences that build inclusive communities.