Zellerbach Family Foundation uses an online application for all Community Arts grants; we do not accept applications or inquiries via USPS or email.
Project grant applications are accepted through a quarterly, open submission process. Applications must contain a complete online application form, required application documents and a work sample.
Online Application Form:
- Project Description
- Description of Applying Organization or Individual Artistic Statement
- Description of Community Served
- List of Artists
- Event Information
- Financial Information
Required Application Documents:
- Project budget
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement/Memorandum of Understanding (if applicable)
- Annual budget of applying organization (501c3 only)
Optional Application Documents:
- One letter of recommendation
- One press clipping
- Applicants may submit up to three minutes of material for review; works samples should be recent and relevant to the proposed project
- Up to two URL links are available for video and sound work samples; alternatively, JPG or PDF documents may be uploaded
- Use work sample notes to indicate any password, cueing instructions, or relevant context.
How to Apply
Log onto Fluxx, the online grant system, at zellerbach.fluxx.io to register for a user ID and password; credentials will be sent via email within 2-3 business days. Please note your login information, as you will need it every time you access the grantee portal.
Once you receive credentials, log into Fluxx to complete a short eligibility quiz to determine whether your project is appropriate at this time. If successful, you will then be able to initiate an application.
- You may save your application and return to it
- Be mindful of character counts
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer be able to edit
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm on the application due date
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered
Please note, if the written word or the English language are not accessible forms of communication for you, please contact the foundation staff about an alternative application format. In some cases, it may be possible to present a video version of the application if that is more comfortable for you.
Evaluation and Notification
- There is no limit to the number of applications accepted each quarter
- Applications are evaluated across disciplines
- Project applications are evaluated by a rotating panel of Bay Area artists.
- Final approval for Community Arts grants are determined by the Zellerbach Family Foundation Board of Directors
- Notifications are sent via email
The Zellerbach Family Foundation values the richness that diversity brings to communities and the opportunities it provides to strengthen mutual appreciation and understanding across cultures. We purposefully encourage experiences that build inclusive communities.