Through grantmaking and collaborating with funding partners to support individual artists and arts organizations, ZFF’s Promoting Culture program will employ strategies to ensure new work is created, new voices are celebrated, and artists and audiences representing the Bay Area’s diverse communities and cultures are given opportunities, furthering the vitality of the arts in the Bay Area.
The Promoting Culture program celebrates artistic risk, promotes organizational stability, encourages collaboration between organizations and facilitates necessary training for artists and arts administrators for a thriving Bay Area arts community.
- Risk: supports the ability of artists and arts organizations to take risks, to challenge their capacity as artists and challenge the expectations of their audiences
- Stability: supports efforts to create financially secure organizations and their ability to think strategically for long-term vitality
- Collaboration: supports creative collaboration between and among artists and arts organizations to address common problems, share resources and provide stability at an institutional level
- Training: supports continuing education, training and learning opportunities for artists and administrators to build organizational capacity and promote acquisition of skills to grow as practitioners
The following principles guide grantmaking in the Promoting Culture Program:
- The arts enrich our society with challenging work and inspiring ideas.
- The arts community is a vital part of the culture of innovation and opportunity that attracts so many people to the Bay Area.
- The ensured longevity of the arts landscape relies on a thriving community of small and mid-size organizations representing the diverse communities and cultures of the Bay Area.
- Early project support, even if a small amount, provides necessary funding and encouragement for emerging individual artists and organizations.
- Cooperation and collaboration amongst arts organizations and funders will strengthen and support the entire cultural ecology of the Bay Area.
ZFF supports grantees like Community Music Center for their efforts and their contributions. Read More»
To learn more about other ZFF grantees please visit our highlights page.
For more information, please contact: